Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weekend #2

As I mentioned before, Quentin and I did the legwork for searching for the perfect baby furniture last weekend. Thankfully, my family decided to come to town this weekend to make the final decision. My Mom and I left the boys to watch college football while we went on the baby furniture search.

After looking at a few options, Mom and I decided on the perfect crib, dresser and chair for the nursery. Success!!

We headed back to the condo to drop off the furniture when we got a phone call from the boys that the garage door was broken. The boys had walked to a nearby bar to watch a little football and had planned on coming back in the house through the garage. It's a little hard to enter your house through the garage when the garage door is broken. My Mom had driven us so we didn't have keys to the house either. Of course, neither of us have our landlords phone number so we were forced to call a locksmith on a Saturday afternoon. Luckily, he got there quickly, but unluckily, he charged $125! Seriously, $125?  Quentin and I have learned our lesson. We now carry not only the garage door opener, but also keys to the front and back door.

After we finally got into the condo, Mom and I left the boys to put together the crib while we went out to do a little more shopping. We were a few blocks away when I received a phone call from our renters. They had locked themsleves out of their condo also! Oops. Lucky for them I was nearby and went over and unlocked the door for them. Crazy that it happened to both of us on the same day!

Mom and I then made our way to Pottery Barn for success #2 of the day...baby bedding!

Yay! Baby J's room is starting to come together in just 2 weeks time.



2 comments: