Sunday, November 11, 2012

We got...THE PHONE CALL!!!!!

September 11th started out like any other day. It was a Tuesday- Quentin and I were both working. I hardly ever answer my phone when it is a number that I don't recognize- especially when I am at work, but for some reason that day when my phone started ringing, I answered. I am so thankful that I did because it was a phone call that would change everything. Laurie from our adoption agency was on the other end of that phone call with some exciting news...we have been matched!! September 11th was the day that we learned that we were going to be parents to a baby boy who is due October 29th!

We listened as she told us the details of the situation of the adoption and I was in such shock that I don't think I was processing anything that she said. Luckily, she sent everything by email later that evening so I could actually sit down and go through it all. Even though the birth mother had picked us, we still had to agree to the adoption as well. After spending the evening looking through all the information we decided that our answer was definitely YES!

Wait, what?!? We are going to be parents in 6 weeks? We have been waiting and praying for this to happen for so long that I think we are now in shock! You would think we would be completely prepared, but nothing can prepare you to get that phone call. That day we probably felt every possible emotion- excitement, fear, shock, nervousness, more excitement- you name it, we felt it.

October 29th can't get here soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment