Sunday, November 11, 2012

Meeting our birthmother

On October 5th we travelled to meet our birthmother. We woke up early Friday morning to catch a plane to Ohio. I was so anxious and nervous I thought I was going to be ill. Thank God that Quentin was able to remain cool and collected the entire trip. From the airport we had about a 40 minute drive. Quentin did his best to calm me down, but he wasn't very successful. I made him promise to do most of the talking in the beginning in case I couldn't say a word. We were the first to arrive and shortly after the social worker arrived. It was so nice to be able to talk to her for a few minutes before the "big meeting". I felt a little calmer, but was still incredibly nervous.

Our birthmom came to meet us and brought her aunt and son for support. After meeting her, my nerves quickly subsided. Our birthmom is absolutely amazing. She loves this baby so very much, but knows she is not in a position to parent another child. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult this decision was for her. I cannot imagine how many sleepless nights were spent coming to this conclusion. She has spent so much time and effort in making a plan for this child to have a better life. She is truly selfless and is looking out for the best interests of both of her children. She is a very true example of the love a mother has for her children. I know that she will do great things in her life and I can only hope that this baby boy will carry on the selfless love and devotion that his birthmother has. We are so very honored and blessed that she has chosen us to raise her son.

In just a few short weeks we will be travelling back to Ohio to meet our new baby boy. We are so very blessed and excited!!

Our trip to Ohio was an incredible experience and one that we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment