Sunday, November 11, 2012

October Jitters

I AM SO EXCITED...and nervous...and jittery this week. On Friday we are travelling to Ohio to meet our birthmother! YIKES! We are meeting her and her social worker for lunch. It's just lunch- no biggie, right? But, I can't help but have all kinds of crazy thoughts. I know she has already picked us, but I cannot help but think, "what if she hates us?" What if?

I know this is ridiculous, but I am already planning in my mind what I am going to wear (or more importantly, what Q is going to wear), what we are going to talk about, what questions I should/shouldn't ask and what kind of gift I can bring her. I am a planner- I can't help it, but I need to just go with the flow on this one...I just need to keep telling myself that the next few days!

Lots of prayers as we travel and meet the woman who is giving us the greatest gift we can ever imagine. I do not even have the words to describe how very thankful we are for her. Maybe that is what I am most nervous about- how do you say thank you to someone who is giving you such an amazing gift?

Here's praying that everything is picture perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment