Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Road To Adoption...

We. Are. Adopting. After months and months of crazy shots and hormones, we have decided to no longer pursue fertility treatments and instead turn to adoption to expand our family. Quentin and I are both excited to have children and we came to the realization that we want to be parents- it doesn't matter how we become parents- it matters that we do become parents.

Adoption, like infertility treatments, is much more than I ever imagined. Last month we met with a social worker at an adoption agency. We spent a day and a half with her discussing every aspect of our lives, education, family, friends, medical history...you name it- we probably talked about it.

**Warning, small rant ahead**

In my logical mind, I understand this, but in my crazy, un-rational mind, I do not. Why do we, (somewhat) normal, stable, educated people have to fill out mountains of paperwork, state and federal background checks, FBI clearance, financial reports, letters of recomendation, social worker interviews, and on and on when anyone can have a child?!? Sometimes things just aren't fair...

After our interview and mounds and mounds of paperwork, we are now officially home-study approved! Yay!!! What does this mean, you ask? It means we will be suitable parents for a biracial newborn. :)

So, now the wait begins. We are praying for the perfect match and hopefully our baby will be here soon! Please keep us in your prayers as there are still many obstacles to overcome in this journey!

P.S. Thank you to a few of our WONDERFUL friends who wrote such awesome letters of recommendation for us. You are the best!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! I will be praying for you guys!! You deserve the very best! and... I like that you started a blog. it's a good place to put your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited you started this!! I'll be stalking it , I mean reading it often!! :) Prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so, so glad that you have started a blog. You guys are amazing, strong people and you will make amazing parents!

    ReplyDelete